Become an Associate
The Benedictine Associates of St. Placid Priory
The Sisters of St. Placid Priory believe that our Benedictine heritage and tradition have much to offer to the world today. We share our tradition through the ecumenical Benedictine Associate Program.
We invite Christian women and men into association with our community. We offer them opportunities to grow and be supported in their faith and to participate in a way of life that reflects the values and wisdom of Benedict.
Associates share in the life of St. Placid Priory
St. Placid Community invites Associates to:
- Study Benedictine spirituality
- Strive to incorporate Benedictine values into daily life
- Share in common prayer either with us or pray in their home environment
- Join in retreats, workshops, and some community events and celebrations
- Help in community projects and ministries
Associate Meeting Dates – via Zoom
Associates usually meet the second Sunday afternoon of the month, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. When necessary, adjustments may be made to this schedule. For example, in May we meet on the third Sunday because of Mother’s Day, and sometimes Easter requires a change.
- August 13 (when we begin again after summer break)
- September 10
- October 8
- November 12
- December 10
- January 14
- February 11
- March 10
- April 14
- May 19 (due to Mother’s Day)
Call Sr. Monika Ellis at 360.438.2595 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about becoming an Associate of St. Placid Priory.