1925 – Visitation School in Tacoma, WA
Sisters Humbeline Lauermann, Ositha Stellbrink, Elicia Koenig, Celestia Lauermann, Angeline Pelzer, and Romona Gefre arrived from St. Benedict Monastery to help establish Visitation School. When Visitation School was opened in 1925, Sister Ositha Stellbrink was a member of the first faculty. There she taught instrumental music and organized the first Grade School Orchestra and the first Boys’ Choir. Sister Ositha, a Tacoma native and gifted musician, would become one of the founding members of St. Placid Priory.