1916 – Holy Rosary School Flourishes
Holy Rosary School continued to flourish. However, Bishop Busch of Saint Cloud, MN, alarmed everyone when he announced his intention to recall the Benedictine Sisters from Washington State. Bishop O’Dea of Seattle wrote to the Papal Delegate and asked permission to retain the Sisters in the Diocese of Seattle. He also asked that a Benedictine Foundation of Sisters be established close to Saint Martin’s Abbey. His request was granted and the Sisters continued to teach at Holy Rosary.
Our sisters at Holy Rosary hosted Mother Frances Cabrini for dinner once, as the future saint was visiting her missions. Sister Nothburga Kramer, who would be a part of Holy Rosary mission for 44 years, was the cook.